our MIDI to Gate+Velocity converter module. Trigger (Gate) eight drum voices in your rack from your external sequencer.
- Intellijel 1RU format or 3U 5HP
- 8 Gate outs
- 8 CV outs for corresponding Velocity or CCs 69-76 of same MIDI Channel (Velocity better suited for Beatstep Pro, CCs better for Octatrack/Digitakt users)
- 3.5mm auto crossover TRS MIDI Input. (type A or type B outputs without adapter)
- Internal MIDI Thru for daisy chaining multiple Tram8s (TTL level)
- 12bit DAC – 5V max. for Velocity or CC of 127
- Backside switch for direct 5V bus or internal 5V regulator (from +12V rail) power supply.
- SysEx files for FW updates. alternative firmwares with different functions available
New Firmware V1.2:
- combines Original and CC firmware
- Use Learn menu to switch between CV Out behaviour: Velocity or CCs 69-76 (short press of Learn – blinking LED indicates CC mode)
- Leave Learn menu by long press of Learn – no need to actually learn anymore
- supports hardware revision V1.1
Outs in Clock&Random:
Clocks & Random firmware v1.2
– V1.2 stops clocks when MIDI Stop is received. Less annoyance with Octatrack or Circuit or any other device that keeps sending clock messages after a stop.
Clocks & Random firmware v1.1
– V1.1 compatible with HW rev. 1.1
Gate Outputs: 1: Run signal - goes high with start low with stop 2: clock 24ppqn 3: clock 4ppqn aka 16th triggers. 4: 8th note trigger 5: clock 1ppqn aka quarter note triggers 6: half note shifted by a quarter (simple snare position) 7: beginning of bar pulse 8: 16th divided by 3 clock Velocity/CV Outputs: 1: random triggered each 16th 2: random triggered each 16th 3: brownian random triggered each 16th (drunken walk) 4: random triggered each quarter 5: random triggered each quarter 6: brownian random triggered each quarter (drunken walk) 7: random triggered each bar 8: 16th stepped ramp to go from 0-5V in a bar
– BUGFIX: running status messages caused hanging gate outputs
Gate outs as in the stock firmware, but CV Outs are CCs 69-76 of the same MIDI Channel. Advised for ELEKTRON users